The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts various exams throughout the year. Candidates are recruited from different fields to positions in government service.
There are a lot of students who make mistakes when filling up their application form for their UPSC exam. This results in their application being rejected.
We list a few steps that will increase your chances of an error-free application form for your UPSC exam.
You need to ensure the you have completed the following steps before submitting your application form:
1. Buy the application form from the post office. Do NOT buy it anywhere else
2. Make sure that the name and year of the exam you are applying for are correct
3. Read the exam rules and regulations carefully before you fill up the form
4. Fill up details correctly on the original form. Photocopies will not be accepted
5. Erase the darkened circles completely if you want to change your response. There should be no stray marks on your form
6. Paste your recent passport-sized photo firmly on the space provided on the application form.
There should be no staples or pins in your application
7. Paste one CRF Stamp of the requisite denomination (if applicable)
Get the post office where you bought the application form from to cancel it
8. Mention the Commission’s Notice number and date as it appears in Employment News/Rozgar Samachar in an appropriate manner
9. Sign the declaration
Mention the date and place from where you are mailing the application form
10. Make sure the application form is clean
There should not be any scribbling, tears or damage to the form
11. Use the pre-addressed envelope supplied to post the application form and acknowledgement form
There should not be any other documents, certificates or envelopes in the envelope
12. Write down the 8-digit number under the bar-code and keep this in a safe place
You will need to enter this number on the acknowledgement card
13. Make sure you send the application form in advance
You can only send it by post so it will have to reach the Commission office before the deadline
Image courtesy: photos.com