Students who are sitting for JEE (Main) in April 2014 need to be aware of a few important facts.
Make sure you read this article carefully as you may not be allowed to sit for the exam if you do not follow the points below.
Here are important instructions that students need to remember while applying online for the JEE (Main) 2014:
#1 Applications sent by post will not be accepted
From this year onwards, the application process for JEE (Main) 2014 has been made completely online.
Do not send hard copies of the application or the printout of the confirmation page to JEE (Main) Secretariat.
There will be no printed form available for application.
– However, students should take a print out of the online application and maintain this hard copy of the confirmation page, in case they need it for any future reference or correspondence.
#2 Class 12 results should come before June 25, 2014
Students need to make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria stated by the respective board for the JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced) and participating state institutions.
– If you are expecting your 12th class to come after June 25, 2014 then do not sit for JEE (Main) 2014.
#3 Payments should be made in cash at specified banks only
The fee for JEE (Main) can be paid either by credit, debit card or through e-challan which is generated when the student is filling up the online application form.
In case of e-challan, the payment should be made in cash at the Syndicate, Canara or ICICI Bank.
– If the student is paying the examination fee through credit or debit card, then he or she will have to pay an additional processing charge as given below :-
(a) Credit Card: 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
(b) Debit Card: 0.75% + taxes for examination fee up to Rs.2000 and 1% +taxes for examination fee more than Rs.2000
– Once the student has paid the application fee, it will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
Students can submit the final online application form only once. In case there are more than one application from an individual student, these multiple applications will be rejected.
– It is recommended that students should not change their mobile number or email id that they have submitted while filling up the online application form as important information can be given to the students through SMS or e-mail.
Image courtesy: photos.com