There are a lot of universities that appear to offer numerous benefits to students. These institutes have impressive names and it is not surprising that students are carried away by their claims.
Students need to be careful about the advertisements they may see as not all these institutes may offer genuine degrees.
If you are planning to enroll in one of the institutes listed below, then your qualification is worthless.
We have given a list of institutes that have been declared fake by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Please note that the institutes were correct at the time of upload and you will need to check with the UGC website for updated lists:
- Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP) Jagatpuri
- Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj
- United Nations University
- Vocational University
- ADR-Centric Juridical University
- Indian Institute of Science and Engineering
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum
- St. John’s University, Kishanattam
- Kesarwani Vidyapith, Jabalpur
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur
- D.D.B. Sanskrit University, Putur, Trichi
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkata
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University) Prayag, Allahabad
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura
- Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area, Khoda, Makanpur, Noida Phase-II
- Gurukul Vishwavidyala, Vridanvan