Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission or UPPSC released admit cards on its official website on July 22. UPPSC Preliminary Exam 2014 is to be held on August 23.
Uttar Pradesh PSC exam prelims will be held at various exam centers across Uttar Pradesh for recruitment to Provincial Civil Services.
Candidates will only be able to access their hall ticket, if their UPPSC application form has been accepted. They will need to fill in their registration number and birth date (as noted in the application form) to be able to view the admit card and download it.
UPPSC hall ticket 2014 is an important document, which candidates must carry to the examination hall along with a valid ID proof. If they fail to produce the admit card, they will not be allowed to write the exam.
UPPSC 2014 preliminary exam will have two General Studies papers.
Paper I covers General Knowledge and Awareness questions. Topics covered in Paper 1 are:
- Current events of National and International importance;
- Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.;
- General Issues on environmental ecology, biodiversity and climate change that do not require subject specialization;
- General Science;
- History of India and Indian National Movement;
- Indian and World Geography – physical, social and economic geography of India and the world; and
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, public policy, rights etc.
Paper 2 evaluates candidates’ communication skills, logical ability and numerical abilities. Topics covered in Paper 2 are:
- Comprehension skills;
- Decision Making and Problem Solving skills;
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X – arithmetic, algebra, geometry and statistics;
- General English up to Class X;
- General Hindi up to Class X;
- General Mental Ability;
- Interpersonal Skills including communication skills; and
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
Each question paper will carry objective-type questions worth 200 marks. Duration of each UPPSC question paper will be two hours.
Image Courtesy : Wikimedia Commons